August 2022 BLC Cannadispatch
Welcome back to the BLC Cannadispatch, providing Los Angeles's social equity community with the latest cannabis jobs, resources, news, and events!
We are thrilled to announce the next round of our Business, Licensing, and Compliance Assistance program! We will be hosting 15 webinars with subject-matter experts to walk you through how to identify funds and raise capital, create a business structure, or navigate one of the several local and state departments from which you will need approval to start your business.
We will also launch over 300 hours of free one-on-one time with a subject matter expert to help your cannabis career grow.
As always, feel free to email DCR.SEP@lacity.org if you have any questions.
All the Best,
Dr. Imani Brown
Social Equity Program Director
Want your cannabis retail business to be more profitable, save money, and reduce disruptions?
In this Beachside Chat learn how to build the technology stack to meet the needs of your individual cannabis business. We are proud to have the following outstanding subject matter experts on our panel:
- Whitney Beatty, CEO, Josephine and Billies
- Adam Benko, Co-Founder & Head of Partnerships, MJ Stack
- Chris Jackson, NCIA, Vice-Chair
- Kris Krane, NCIA, Chair & Director of Cannabis Development, KCSA
We are thrilled to offer over 300 hours of free business, professional, and workforce development coaching with subject-matter experts from a wide range of expertise.
Coaching is available in the following business formation categories:
For businesses that need specific expertise, please schedule a 15-Minute virtual assessment to determine the next steps and to find you the best subject-matter expert in the following categories:
- Branding, marketing, security, risk analysis, and mitigation
- Cultivation - processing, supply chain strategy
- Delivery - logistics, drivers, and dispatch
- Manufacturing- formulations, sourcing, costing equipment, supply chain
- Distribution - logistics and track and trace compliance
- Retail - inventory supply chain, compliance, and customer relations
- Workforce Development and HR
Don’t see the category of help you need on this list? Please take this short survey to help us help you!
For job seekers, please check out our free coaching opportunities:
- Interview Training
- Resume review
- Resume writing assistance
- Mock interview with the coach
- Coaching for Job Seekers
- Skills Required
- How to Apply
- Where to find cannabis jobs
Not sure where to begin to help your business thrive? Please fill out this 2-minute Needs Assessment Survey to help us guide you to the best subject-matter experts for your needs. They can help you develop strategic plans and coach you through executing the strategies developed. The coaching is set up for different stages:
- Exploratory: For aspirational applicants trying to select a license type and define your business model.
- Planning: Targeted toward applicants ready to launch their business but need help creating a business plan.
- Operational licensees: Coaches can help you formulate and execute a strategy to achieve your targeted outcomes.
Workforce Development: Need to assess, increase, or develop your workforce? Receive mentorship specific to your needs, like how to recruit, hire, train, and build your team while fulfilling Los Angeles’ “Good Faith Hiring Requirements.”
- What’s next in the City of Angels: Q&A with L.A. marijuana regulator Michelle Garakian
- US House Democrats demand Senate pass its own marijuana banking bill
- Time for change: Federal ban on marijuana use causes more harm than good
- Biden ‘Continues To Evaluate’ Marijuana Clemency Options, White House Says
- Marijuana decriminalization takes center stage at Senate hearing
- Russian expert at Brittney Griner’s trial discusses medical cannabis
- Large cannabis licenses will bring relief to California operators
- Booming US cannabis industry seen as fertile ground for union expansion
DCR is excited to announce our Workforce Wednesday and Supply Chain Virtual Mixer. This event is an opportunity for cannabis companies to connect with job seekers to fill hiring needs from entry-level to leadership roles, all while fulfilling the city’s Good Faith Hiring Requirements!
DCR is hosting this monthly mixer on the second Wednesday of each month, beginning September 14. You can also receive information on spotlighting your company by scheduling a 15-minute virtual assessment.
Supply Chain Networking for Businesses 10:00 am -12:00 pm
Hiring Mixer for Employers & Job Seekers 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm